Clinical integration is needed to facilitate the coordination of patient care across conditions, providers, settings, and time in order to achieve care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient-focused. To achieve clinical integration we need to promote changes in provider culture, redesign payment methods and incentives, and modernize federal laws.
This web site is just one of the many ways AHA will keep you connected to the latest developments and resources as we address needed change.
- Apr 24, 2013 | AHA surveying hospitals about care coordination strategies
- Mar 28, 2013 | CMS unveils chronic conditions dashboard
- Jan 11, 2013 | CMS names 106 new Medicare ACOs
- Nov 05, 2012 | Video contest lets providers showcase care coordination efforts
- Aug 22, 2012 | CMS selects primary care practices for care management demo
- Aug 17, 2012 | 13% of hospitals surveyed last year were in ACOs or planned to be
- Jul 31, 2012 | CDC: More adults over 45 with multiple chronic conditions
- Jul 09, 2012 | CMS names 89 new Medicare ACOs
- Jun 12, 2012 | CMMI accepting new applicants for Advance Payment ACO model
- Jun 06, 2012 | Seven markets to participate in CMS care management demo
- May 15, 2013 | From First Phone Call to Last Visit
- May 15, 2013 | Web Extras
- May 15, 2013 | Recent Research
- May 15, 2013 | Try shared medical appointments to help relieve MD shortage
- May 15, 2013 | If that bandage could talk &
- May 15, 2013 | Staffing Watch
- May 15, 2013 | Linking patients and care systems
- May 15, 2013 | Connecting the Continuum
- May 15, 2013 | Fueling Change in Medical Education
- May 15, 2013 | Value-based leadership
- Sept 24, 2012 | AHA files Amicus Brief with U.S. Court of Appeals supporting ProMedica Health System, Inc.
- Feb 16, 2012 | AHA Comments to CMS Re: Medicaid; Disproportionate Share Hospital Payments-Uninsured Definition
- Nov 10, 2011 | Medicare Shared Savings Program Powerpoint Presentation
- Nov 08, 2011 | Accountable Care Organizations: Guidance to Address Antitrust, Fraud & Abuse and Tax Exemption...
- Nov 08, 2011 | The Medicare Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organizations: The Final Rule
- Oct 20, 2011 | ACO Final Rule Released
- Oct 20, 2011 | Statement on Final ACO Rule
- Sep 14, 2011 | CMS Bundled Payments for Care Improvement Initiative
- Jun 17, 2011 | AHA to CMS: ACO Advance Payment Initiative
- Jun 02, 2011 | AHA: CMS-OIG approach to ACO fraud and abuse waivers falls short