Clinical integration is needed to facilitate the coordination of patient care across conditions, providers, settings, and time in order to achieve care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient-focused. To achieve clinical integration we need to promote changes in provider culture, redesign payment methods and incentives, and modernize federal laws.
This web site is just one of the many ways AHA will keep you connected to the latest developments and resources as we address needed change.
- Jul 16, 2015 | Report calls for national strategy, policies to support family caregivers
- Jun 26, 2015 | Medicare shared savings model for rural ACOs to accept applications in July
- Jun 22, 2015 | AHA shares Medicare chronic care principles with Senate working group
- Jun 22, 2015 | Project issues care model framework for advanced chronic illness
- Jun 19, 2015 | CMS: Medicare chronic care model saves $25 million in first performance year
- Jun 18, 2015 | CMS extends deadline to apply for Oncology Care Model
- Jun 8, 2015 | HRET awarded contract to help improve care coordination
- Jun 5, 2015 | CMS releases ACO final rule
- Jun 3, 2015 | AHA, AMA offer new guiding principles on integrated leadership
- May 21, 2015 | Notices of intent to apply for Medicare Shared Savings Program due next week
- Sept 24, 2012 | AHA files Amicus Brief with U.S. Court of Appeals supporting ProMedica Health System, Inc.
- May 19, 2015 | Testimony to House Ways & Means Health Subcommittee to preserve the ban on physician self-referral
- Mar 25, 2015 | Statement on Health Care Payment Learning and Action Network
- Aug 13, 2014 | Accountable Care Organizations: Findings from the Survey of Care Systems and Payment
- Mar 19, 2014 | The Value of Provider Integration, TrendWatch
- Feb 16, 2012 | AHA Comments to CMS Re: Medicaid; Disproportionate Share Hospital Payments-Uninsured Definition
- Nov 10, 2011 | Medicare Shared Savings Program Powerpoint Presentation
- Nov 08, 2011 | Accountable Care Organizations: Guidance to Address Antitrust, Fraud & Abuse and Tax Exemption...
- Nov 08, 2011 | The Medicare Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organizations: The Final Rule
- Oct 20, 2011 | ACO Final Rule Released