Clinical integration is needed to facilitate the coordination of patient care across conditions, providers, settings, and time in order to achieve care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient-focused. To achieve clinical integration we need to promote changes in provider culture, redesign payment methods and incentives, and modernize federal laws.
This web site is just one of the many ways AHA will keep you connected to the latest developments and resources as we address needed change.
New Report on Legal Barriers to Care Transformation
Legal (Fraud and Abuse) Barriers to Care Transformation and How to Address Them tackles seven major barriers created by the Stark and Anti-Kickback Laws and/or regulations that impact hospitals and impede their efforts to coordinate care every day. It is our goal that the report will help further the dialogue as Congress looks to modernize the laws to support better patient care and hospital success under these new payment models.
- Jul 25, 2016 | CMS proposes bundled payment models for cardiac and hip fracture care
- Jul 7, 2016 | CMS releases proposed 2017 physician payment rule
- Jul 7, 2016 | House considers health home option for vulnerable children in Medicaid
- Jul 5, 2016 | AHA to Congress: Remove legal barriers to care coordination
- Jul 5, 2016 | AHRQ report summarizes research on telehealth's clinical benefits
- Jun 29, 2016 | House members urge CMS to waive FFS barriers to alternative payment models
- Jun 29, 2016 | HHS launches alternative payment model for Medicare chemotherapy patients
- Jun 24, 2016 | Study: Medicare ACOs associated with modest reduction in spending for hospital care
- Jun 6, 2016 | CMS issues final rule for Medicare Shared Savings Program ACOs
- Jun 6, 2016 | CMS project seeks innovative hospital quality practices to share nationwide
- Jul 08, 2016 | CMS Releases Proposed Rule for CY 2017 Physician Fee Schedule
- Jul 05, 2016 | AHA to Congress: Remove Legal Barriers to Care Coordination
- Mar 28, 2016 | AHA comments on the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) proposed rule
- Feb 12, 2016 | Submit Comments to Energy and Commerce Committee on Site-Neutral Payments by Feb. 19
- Feb 12, 2016 | AHA Letter to House Energy and Commerce Committee on Site-neutral Payment Policies
- Jan 29, 2016 | AHA comments to House Ways and Means Committee on improving the physician self-referral (Stark) law
- Jan 29, 2016 | AHA comments to Senate Finance Committee on how to improve the physician self-referral (Stark) law
- Jan 26, 2016 | AHA comments to Senate Finance Committee and CCWG on improving care for chronic conditions
- Oct 09, 2015 | Why Interoperability Matters
- Oct 07, 2015 | AHA before Subcommittee on Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights