Clinical integration is needed to facilitate the coordination of patient care across conditions, providers, settings, and time in order to achieve care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient-focused. To achieve clinical integration we need to promote changes in provider culture, redesign payment methods and incentives, and modernize federal laws.
This web site is just one of the many ways AHA will keep you connected to the latest developments and resources as we address needed change.
- Jan 15, 2015 | AHA urges IRS to extend tax-exempt bond guidance to all ACO-type arrangements
- Oct 27, 2014 | IRS issues guidance on ACOs and management contracts
- Oct 22, 2014 | Group practices, ACOs can preview PQRS quality data through Nov. 7
- Oct 16, 2014 | CMS extends effectiveness of fraud and abuse waivers for ACOs
- Oct 15, 2014 | CMS announces new Medicare ACO model
- Sep 17, 2014 | CMS reports on ACO program results
- Sep 02, 2014 | AHA submits comments on proposed physician fee schedule rule for CY 2015
- Aug 13, 2014 | United Hospital Fund issues care coordination guides
- Jul 07, 2014 | CMS releases proposed physician payment rule
- Apr 21, 2014 | Study: ACO outpatient care patterns suggest accountability challenges
- Sept 24, 2012 | AHA files Amicus Brief with U.S. Court of Appeals supporting ProMedica Health System, Inc.
- Aug 13, 2014 | Accountable Care Organizations: Findings from the Survey of Care Systems and Payment
- Mar 19, 2014 | The Value of Provider Integration, TrendWatch
- Feb 16, 2012 | AHA Comments to CMS Re: Medicaid; Disproportionate Share Hospital Payments-Uninsured Definition
- Nov 10, 2011 | Medicare Shared Savings Program Powerpoint Presentation
- Nov 08, 2011 | Accountable Care Organizations: Guidance to Address Antitrust, Fraud & Abuse and Tax Exemption...
- Nov 08, 2011 | The Medicare Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organizations: The Final Rule
- Oct 20, 2011 | ACO Final Rule Released
- Oct 20, 2011 | Statement on Final ACO Rule
- Sep 14, 2011 | CMS Bundled Payments for Care Improvement Initiative