Clinical integration is needed to facilitate the coordination of patient care across conditions, providers, settings, and time in order to achieve care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient-focused. To achieve clinical integration we need to promote changes in provider culture, redesign payment methods and incentives, and modernize federal laws.
This web site is just one of the many ways AHA will keep you connected to the latest developments and resources as we address needed change.
- May 21, 2015 | Notices of intent to apply for Medicare Shared Savings Program due next week
- May 21, 2015 | AHA advertorial: Time to remove regulatory roadblocks to better care
- May 19, 2015 | AHA urges Congress to preserve ban on physician self-referral
- May 14, 2015 | Senate Finance working group to develop Medicare chronic care legislation
- May 12, 2015 | HPOE guide highlights ACO benefits, challenges for hospitals
- May 11, 2015 | GAO examines characteristics of highest cost Medicaid-only enrollees
- May 6, 2015 | Coalition: 42% of Medicare FFS payments were value-oriented in 2013
- May 1, 2015 | AHA report details legal, regulatory challenges to realizing the promise of telehealth
- Apr 6, 2015 | CT hospitals oppose property tax bill
- Mar 25, 2015 | CMS schedules more calls on new ACO model
- Sept 24, 2012 | AHA files Amicus Brief with U.S. Court of Appeals supporting ProMedica Health System, Inc.
- May 19, 2015 | Testimony to House Ways & Means Health Subcommittee to preserve the ban on physician self-referral
- Mar 25, 2015 | Statement on Health Care Payment Learning and Action Network
- Aug 13, 2014 | Accountable Care Organizations: Findings from the Survey of Care Systems and Payment
- Mar 19, 2014 | The Value of Provider Integration, TrendWatch
- Feb 16, 2012 | AHA Comments to CMS Re: Medicaid; Disproportionate Share Hospital Payments-Uninsured Definition
- Nov 10, 2011 | Medicare Shared Savings Program Powerpoint Presentation
- Nov 08, 2011 | Accountable Care Organizations: Guidance to Address Antitrust, Fraud & Abuse and Tax Exemption...
- Nov 08, 2011 | The Medicare Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organizations: The Final Rule
- Oct 20, 2011 | ACO Final Rule Released