As part of America's vital health care infrastructure, hospitals play a key role in disaster readiness throughout our country. Since the terrorist attacks of September 11 and anthrax scare, hospitals have stepped up their readiness efforts in order to be better prepared in responding to not only traditional disaster threats, but an even more real potential of terrorist attacks, including the use of chemical, biological, or nuclear.
As vital community resources, hospitals must be among the best prepared, alongside police, fire, rescue, and other public safety services. As hospitals' national voice, AHA will support at the national level what our members will be working to achieve in their communities: the readiness of people and resources.
- Oct 24, 2014 | Dallas nurse free of Ebola, released from hospital
- Oct 24, 2014 | NYC doctor hospitalized for Ebola
- Oct 24, 2014 | CDC issues dialysis guidance for hospital patients with Ebola
- Oct 24, 2014 | Dallas hospital shares 'lessons learned' on Ebola
- Oct 24, 2014 | House committee holds hearing on coordinating agency Ebola response
- Oct 24, 2014 | ONC leader to assist HHS secretary on Ebola, other public health issues
- Oct 22, 2014 | States to actively monitor all travelers from Ebola-outbreak countries
- Oct 22, 2014 | HHS webinar tomorrow on Ebola preparedness for health care coalitions
- Oct 22, 2014 | AHA: Information greatest weapon in fighting infections such as Ebola
- Oct 21, 2014 | CDC issues detailed guidance on hospital PPE for Ebola
- Oct 21, 2014 | CDC Issues Updated PPE Guidance
- Oct 20, 2014 | DEA Clarifies Regulation on Disposal of Controlled Substances
- Oct 20, 2014 | CDC, Others to Host Ebola Preparedness Call Today at 1 p.m. ET for Hospitals and Health Systems
- Oct 20, 2014 | CDC Releases Updated Ebola Guidance for Protection of Health Care Workers
- Oct 17, 2014 | Media Alert: AHA Guest on "Face the Nationa"
- Oct 15, 2014 | AHA to Host Call With CDC on Ebola Preparedness Friday, Oct. 17 at 11 a.m.
- Oct 13, 2014 | CDC to Host Ebola Preparedness Calls for Hospitals and Health Systems
- Oct 13, 2014 | Second Ebola Case in U.S. Highlights Urgent Need for Hospitals to Reinforce Planning and Training
- Oct 09, 2014 | Special HHS Conference Call October 9 on Preparing your Hospital or Health Care System for Ebola
- Oct 02, 2014 | ASPR/CDC Ebola Screening Criteria