As part of America's vital health care infrastructure, hospitals play a key role in disaster readiness throughout our country. Since the terrorist attacks of September 11 and anthrax scare, hospitals have stepped up their readiness efforts in order to be better prepared in responding to not only traditional disaster threats, but an even more real potential of terrorist attacks, including the use of chemical, biological, or nuclear.
As vital community resources, hospitals must be among the best prepared, alongside police, fire, rescue, and other public safety services. As hospitals' national voice, AHA will support at the national level what our members will be working to achieve in their communities: the readiness of people and resources.
- Oct 20, 2014 | HHS webinar to review Ebola preparedness guidance for EMS agencies
- Oct 20, 2014 | AHA, nursing groups collaborate to protect patients and hospital workers
- Oct 17, 2014 | AHA, AMA and ANA stress collaboration on Ebola
- Oct 17, 2014 | AHA Town Hall webcast Tuesday
- Oct 16, 2014 | Texas hospital testifies at hearing on U.S. response to Ebola
- Oct 15, 2014 | Second health care worker tests positive for Ebola; CDC offers additional resources
- Oct 14, 2014 | Senator urges appropriators to increase hospital preparedness funding
- Oct 13, 2014 | Dallas hospital worker tests positive for Ebola
- Oct 08, 2014 | First Ebola patient diagnosed in U.S. dies
- Oct 08, 2014 | States issue tabletop exercises for Ebola preparedness planning
- Oct 20, 2014 | DEA Clarifies Regulation on Disposal of Controlled Substances
- Oct 20, 2014 | CDC, Others to Host Ebola Preparedness Call Today at 1 p.m. ET for Hospitals and Health Systems
- Oct 20, 2014 | CDC to Release Updated Ebola Guidance for Protection of Health Care Workers Tonight
- Oct 17, 2014 | Media Alert: AHA Guest on "Face the Nationa"
- Oct 15, 2014 | AHA to Host Call With CDC on Ebola Preparedness Friday, Oct. 17 at 11 a.m.
- Oct 13, 2014 | CDC to Host Ebola Preparedness Calls for Hospitals and Health Systems
- Oct 13, 2014 | Second Ebola Case in U.S. Highlights Urgent Need for Hospitals to Reinforce Planning and Training
- Oct 09, 2014 | Special HHS Conference Call October 9 on Preparing your Hospital or Health Care System for Ebola
- Oct 02, 2014 | ASPR/CDC Ebola Screening Criteria
- Oct 01, 2014 | CDC/ASPR Detailed Hospital Checklist for Ebola Preparedness