As part of America's vital health care infrastructure, hospitals play a key role in disaster readiness throughout our country. Since the terrorist attacks of September 11 and anthrax scare, hospitals have stepped up their readiness efforts in order to be better prepared in responding to not only traditional disaster threats, but an even more real potential of terrorist attacks, including the use of chemical, biological, or nuclear.
As vital community resources, hospitals must be among the best prepared, alongside police, fire, rescue, and other public safety services. As hospitals' national voice, AHA will support at the national level what our members will be working to achieve in their communities: the readiness of people and resources.
- Feb 12, 2016 | CDC: Flu hospitalization rate nearly twice as high in poor communities
- Feb 8, 2016 | Administration to ask Congress for $1.8 billion to address Zika virus
- Feb 3, 2016 | CDC issues Ebola planning guidance for interfacility transport
- Feb 1, 2016 | CDC urges rapid antiviral use for all hospitalized patients with suspected flu
- Jan 19, 2016 | FDA issues draft cybersecurity recommendations for medical device makers
- Jan 5, 2016 | WHO declares end of Ebola transmission in Guinea
- Dec 22, 2015 | U.S. ends enhanced entry screening for travelers from Sierra Leone
- Dec 15, 2015 | ASPR project aims to speed respirator production in emergency
- Dec 14, 2015 | AHA: Hospitals will continue to respond with care in wake of violence
- Dec 10, 2015 | AHASTAT blog: Hospitals 'United Against the Flu'
- Jan 28, 2016 | CDC Issues Guidelines for Evaluating Infants, Treating Pregnant Women with Possible Zika Virus
- Mar 12, 2015 | Always There, Ready To Care: The 24/7 Role of America's Hospitals
- Feb 20, 2015 | ASPR Releases Ebola Funding Opportunity
- Feb 06, 2015 | AHA to HHS Re: Ebola Emergency Funding Spend Plan
- Dec 10, 2014 | Statement on Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act
- Dec 02, 2014 | HHS Announces 35 U.S. Hospitals Identified as Ebola Treatment Centers
- Nov 24, 2014 | Letter to Sen. Markey supporting S. 2942 to establish fund for regional treatment centers
- Nov 10, 2014 | AHA to Host Call with CDC on Ebola Tuesday, Nov. 11 at 3 p.m. ET
- Nov 05, 2014 | CDC and ASPR to Host Webinar for Hospitals Interested in Becoming Ebola Treatment Facilities Thursday, Nov. 6 at 4 p.m. ET
- Nov 04, 2014 | CDC Tool for Assessing the Readiness of Hospitals Designated to Treat Ebola Patients