As part of America's vital health care infrastructure, hospitals play a key role in disaster readiness throughout our country. Since the terrorist attacks of September 11 and anthrax scare, hospitals have stepped up their readiness efforts in order to be better prepared in responding to not only traditional disaster threats, but an even more real potential of terrorist attacks, including the use of chemical, biological, or nuclear.
As vital community resources, hospitals must be among the best prepared, alongside police, fire, rescue, and other public safety services. As hospitals' national voice, AHA will support at the national level what our members will be working to achieve in their communities: the readiness of people and resources.
- Oct 30, 2014 | FDA approves rapid Ebola test for hospital laboratories
- Oct 30, 2014 | IOM workshop Monday on Ebola research priorities
- Oct 30, 2014 | NY health system shares Ebola preparedness guide; NC PPE video available
- Oct 29, 2014 | HHS to host Ebola preparedness call Friday for hospitals and health systems
- Oct 28, 2014 | CDC issues updated Ebola monitoring guidelines
- Oct 28, 2014 | Online course on Ebola available from Nebraska Medical Center
- Oct 28, 2014 | Second Dallas nurse free of Ebola, released from hospital
- Oct 27, 2014 | CDC issues Ebola guidance for the ED
- Oct 27, 2014 | NLN issues Ebola preparedness recommendations for nursing schools
- Oct 24, 2014 | Dallas nurse free of Ebola, released from hospital
- Oct 31, 2014 | NEW EBOLA RESOURCES FROM THE CDC
- Oct 29, 2014 | HHS to Host Ebola Preparedness Call Friday, Oct. 31 for Hospitals and Health Systems
- Oct 28, 2014 | CDC Issues Updated Guidance on Monitoring Individuals with Potential Exposure
- Oct 21, 2014 | CDC Issues Updated PPE Guidance
- Oct 20, 2014 | DEA Clarifies Regulation on Disposal of Controlled Substances
- Oct 20, 2014 | CDC, Others to Host Ebola Preparedness Call Today at 1 p.m. ET for Hospitals and Health Systems
- Oct 20, 2014 | CDC Releases Updated Ebola Guidance for Protection of Health Care Workers
- Oct 17, 2014 | Media Alert: AHA Guest on "Face the Nationa"
- Oct 15, 2014 | AHA to Host Call With CDC on Ebola Preparedness Friday, Oct. 17 at 11 a.m.
- Oct 13, 2014 | CDC to Host Ebola Preparedness Calls for Hospitals and Health Systems