Guidance for Healthcare Professionals: Smallpox Resources
- The Smallpox Vaccination Program: Public Health in an Age of Terrorism (March 2005)
IOM report by the Committee on Smallpox Vaccination Program Implementation
- NIH News: New Way to Block Pox Shows Promise in Lab Study: Finding May Lead to Better Antiviral Drugs
(February 1, 2005)
- IOM Committee on Smallpox Vaccination Program Implementation, Review of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Smallpox Vaccination Program Implementation: Letter Report #6 (July 6, 2004)
- IOM Committee on Smallpox Vaccination Program Implementation, Review of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Smallpox Vaccination Program Implementation: Letter Report #3 (May 28, 2003)
- MMWR: Recommendations for Using Smallpox Vaccine in a Pre-Event Vaccination Program (February 26, 2003)
- Declaration Regarding Administration of Smallpox Countermeasures (January 24, 2003)
A declaration from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, effective January 24, 2003, on the federal government's smallpox vaccination plan.
- Guidance for the Healthcare Community Concerning Section 304 of the Homeland Security Act (January 16, 2003)
This guidance represents the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' interpretation of Section 304, but is not an exhaustive review of Section 304’s provisions in all contexts.
- President Delivers Remarks on Smallpox
(December 13, 2002)
- CDC Pamphlet: Smallpox Vaccination: Vaccination Method & Reactions (December, 2002)
Copyright information: Logical Images has copyrighted this brochure but has granted unrestricted use of these materials to healthcare professionals for educational, training, and clinical use. Commercial reproduction of the guide is not permitted. Images rendered from a PDF file, however, will not approach the clarity and quality of those in the printed reference guide. Accordingly, you are highly encouraged to obtain and distribute printed copies of the reference guide from the appropriate source (either CDC or Logical Images, Inc).
- Smallpox Version 2.0
(January 30, 2003)
Developed by NHA based on CDC interpretation that hospitals must administer the clinics to be afforded coverage under Homeland Security Act Section 304.
- CDC: Section 304: Smallpox Questions & Answers (December 5, 2002)
- Smallpox Liability Section of the Homeland Security Act (Public Law No. 107-296) (November 25, 2002)
- CDC: Smallpox Response Plan and Guidelines(September 23, 2002)
- CDC: Information Site on Smallpox
- National Library of Medicine: Information Site on Smallpox
- CDC Smallpox Vaccination and Adverse Events Training Module
- CDC: Evaluating the Patient with an Acute, Generalized Vesicular or Pustular Rash Illness and Determining the Risk of Smallpox