Health For Life.
In anticipation of the health care reform debate, the American Hospital Association's Board of Trustees developed a roadmap for improving America's health care system. This framework - Health for Life: Better Health. Better Health Care. - contains a set of goals and policies for creating better, safer, more efficient and affordable health care and a healthier America. It was developed with the support and advice of hospital leaders, leaders of regional and metropolitan hospital associations, and leaders of external organizations representing consumers, employers, insurers, physicians, and others. Its objectives were to identify critical areas for discussion, create innovative ideas for change, and build a launching pad for collective action at the national, state and local community levels. Since June 2008, the AHA has advocated for changes based on this framework. Health for Life will continue to be the standard by which we judge any legislative or regulatory efforts to transform the health care delivery system.
On this site, you'll find resources and information about the Health for Life initiative.
A Framework for Health Reform
(Click on ovals for more information about each.)
- Jul 30, 2014 | Bill to extend direct supervision enforcement moratorium clears House committee
- Jul 29, 2014 | IOM panel recommends new financing system for physician training
- Jul 29, 2014 | Report, hearing focus on state Medicaid financing
- Jul 28, 2014 | AHA: CMS proposed rule would help ensure seamless exchange coverage
- Jul 24, 2014 | Study: Uninsured rate for adults down 5.2 percentage points since October
- Jul 22, 2014 | Appeals courts issue opposing opinions on ACA subsidies
- Jul 22, 2014 | AHA advertorial: Hospitals going for the 'Triple Aim'
- Jul 21, 2014 | HHS/HRSA issue 'interpretive rule' on 340B orphan drug discounts
- Jul 17, 2014 | AHRQ reports modest rise in premiums for private coverage in 2013
- Jul 16, 2014 | Five hospitals honored for quality leadership, innovation
- Sep 19, 2012 | Comment Letter: AHRQ's Request for Information on Quality Measurement Enabled by Health IT
- Feb 16, 2012 | AHA Comments to CMS Re: Medicaid; Disproportionate Share Hospital Payments-Uninsured Definition
- Sep 09, 2011 | Help Protect Funding for Hospital Care
- Jul 08, 2011 | AHA to Rep. Pitts Re: Support for the Children's Hospital GME Support Reauthorization Act of 2011
- Jul 08, 2011 | AHA to Rep. Pallone Re: Support for the Children's Hospital GME Support Reauthorization
- May 18, 2011 | AHA Special Bulletin: AHA Model Comment Letters on ACO-Related Fraud and Abuse and Antitrust Issues
- May 17, 2011 | AHA Special Bulletin: Update on ACO Activity
- Apr 29, 2011 | AHA Special Bulletin: CMS Issues Final Value-Based Purchasing Rule
- Apr 07, 2011 | Urge Your Representative to Vote 'No' on House Budget Resolution
- Apr 05, 2011 | AHA Special Bulletin: House GOP Unveils FY 2012 Budget Resolution