ORHP ACA and You: 8/21 Office Hours - Community Needs Assessment & CACs
The Federal Office of Rural Health Policy is currently hosting weekly calls focused on various topics related to the Affordable Care Act for its grantees and stakeholders. These calls are open to all.
Below is the information for the next call and links to previous webinars.
ORHP ACA Office Hours
Wednesday August 21, 2013
3-4 pm Eastern
Call-in Number: (800) 857-3749
Adobe Connect Session: https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/orh1/
- Impact of the ACA on Community Needs Assessment.
- Walk thru and Q&A on the Certified Application Training. If this training is available before the call on Wednesday, a few of our staff plan on taking the training so that we can answer any questions you may have.
- ACA Updates.
- Champions for Coverage: We encourage all of you to become Champions for Coverage! As Open Enrollment draws near, we need help from both the private and public sector to help get the word out about the new Marketplace. Help us make sure all Americans can get the care they need, when they need it, at a price they can afford.
- Navigator Grants: On August 15, 2013, HHS awarded $67 million in Navigator Cooperative Agreements to 105 entities to provide critical in-person consumer assistance in the 34 states operating a Federally-facilitated or State Partnership Marketplace. Click here for a complete list of Navigators by state which includes how much each organization was awarded and here for the official HHS press release. We will discuss the Navigator awards and answer any questions on the 8/21 office hours call.
- Certified Application Counselors: CAC Training will be going live shortly. We hope to talk about this on the next call.
Previous Office Hours Recordings
- 6/13 Topic: ACA 101 https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p5r0fh8fbcg/
- 6/27 Topic: ACA Medicaid Expansion 101 https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p3yhxuz449f/
- 7/10 Topic: Consumer Assistance https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p94lfk0wtzg/
- 7/17 Topic: SHOPs, Tax Credits/Subsidies, and the Unbanked Population https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p1jar254orf/
- 7/24 Topic: Minimum Coverage Provision, Exemptions, Subsidies and Dual Eligibles https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p1xty7ongb6/
- 7/31 Topic: Consumer Assistance: https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p3uybznztjq/
- 8/07 Topic: Border Health https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p6ib0we4a33/
- 8/14 Topic: Health IT: Recording will be released soon