For the latest news on behavioral health issues, click here.
NAMD Releases New Report on How Medicaid is Reengineering the Link Between Service Delivery and Payment: http://medicaiddirectors.org/namd-releases-new-report-on-how-medicaid-is-reengineering-the-link-between-service-delivery-and-payment/
Medicaid Reforms to Expand Coverage, Control Costs and Improve Care: Results from a 50-state Medicaid Budget Survey for State Fiscal Years 2015 and 2016 provides a detailed look at the various policy and program changes in all 50 states
Medicaid Enrollment & Spending Growth: FY 2015 & 2016 provides an analysis of national trends in Medicaid enrollment and spending
- MACPAC June 2015 Report to Congress on Medicaid and CHIP
- The most expensive 5% of enrollees accounted for almost half of annual Medicaid expenditures for Medicaid-only enrollees in fiscal years 2009 through 2011, according to a report released Friday by the Government Accountability Office. Although fewer than 10% of Medicaid-only enrollees, disabled enrollees represented about 64% of this high-expenditure group, ranging from 39% in Connecticut to 95% in Tennessee. Conversely, children represented about half of Medicaid-only enrollees but only 16% of this high-expense group. Looking at certain chronic conditions or services, the study found 53% of high-expenditure Medicaid-only enrollees had mental health conditions, 20% substance abuse, 19% diabetes and 14% asthma. The report was requested by leaders of the Senate Finance Committee.
- Coverage of Behavioral Health Services for Children, Youth, and Young Adults with Significant Mental Health Conditions
- Affordable Care Act: State Resources FAQ April 25, 2013
- Medicaid and Mental Health -- CMS
- State Profiles of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services in Medicaid
- AHA’s Work on Medicaid