Personal Membership Groups
Through its Personal Membership Groups, the AHA is ready to assist health care personnel with tools, services and educational opportunities focused on their professional growth and development. By becoming active members, individuals can enrich their professional skills and capabilities. Participation in an AHA personal membership group can also give the competitive edge that will engage organizational wide performance and deepen staff commitment to the organization.
In addition, the AHA Certification Center recognizes the mastery of well-defined bodies of knowledge through professional certification.
Who We Are
The societies are organized around distinct professional groups and range in size from 1000 to 10,000 individual members. These professional societies are:
- American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE)
- American Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration (ASHHRA)
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM)
- Association for Community Health Improvement (ACHI)
- Association for Healthcare Resource & Materials Management (AHRMM)
- Society for Healthcare Consumer Advocacy (SHCA)
- Society for Healthcare Strategy & Market Development (SHSMD)
What We Offer
- Professional Development: Professional educational opportunities include annual conferences with numerous tracks and topical focuses to timely seminars on specific areas of interest, leadership programs, webinars and online education.
- Advocacy: Legislative and regulatory issues specific to the professional groups are addressed through the efforts of the societies or in concert with AHA's government affairs activities. These members provide the technical expertise necessary to address issues that either the society or AHA has identified as important to health care management.
- Publications: Profession-specific publications include: newsletters, magazines, background papers, legislative updates, bulletins, broadcast fax and books.
- Networking: PMG membership and participation facilitates contact and sharing throughout the field and across the country.
- Leadership Opportunities: For those who want to actively participate, there is an abundance of volunteer opportunities spanning numerous area of service where members can develop and hone their skills in this area.
Strategic Relationship to AHA
The Personal Membership Groups (PMGs) of the AHA contribute to the AHA by providing education and resources through their membership base to improve hospitals and healthcare organization performance. The staff and leaders of the PMGs work to advance their membership through timely and relevant educational programs, advisories and publications and through forums for networking and professional development. To advance the industry, the PMGs leverage their membership network and subject matter expertise to support new and evolving practices to improve hospital and healthcare organization performance. Also, the PMGs generate financial resources that support the AHA's vision of a society of healthy communities, where all individuals reach their highest potential for health.
The AHA Certification Center (AHA-CC) designs and administers Certification Programs to recognize mastery of well-defined bodies of knowledge within healthcare management disciplines. In addition, the AHA-CC provides contracted services for project management and quality assurance to the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) in support of its Nurse Executive and Nurse Manager Certification Programs.