Statement on Appointment of Leslie Norwalk as CMS Acting Administrator
Executive Vice President
Leslie Norwalk brings a pragmatic and thoughtful approach to the job. Her experience and leadership through our country's health care challenges have more than demonstrated her talent and ability. She understands the dynamics of the hospital field as well as the key role the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) plays in millions of patients' lives everyday. We look forward to continuing our working relationship with her in this new role.
About the AHA
The AHA is a not-for-profit association of health care provider organizations and individuals that are committed to the health improvement of their communities. The AHA is the national advocate for its members, which include nearly 5,000 hospitals, health care systems, networks, other providers of care and 43,000 individual members. Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends. For more information, visit the AHA website at www.aha.org.
- MedPAC discusses draft 2018 payment recommendations for post-acute care
- CDC: South Beach, FL, no longer local Zika transmission area
- CDC: Flu vaccination prevented about 71,000 hospitalizations last flu season
- Web resource compiles promising practices for patients with complex needs
- Applications for AHA Health Care Transformation Fellowship due Dec. 15