Statement on the Selection of Dr. Mark Chassin as President and CEO of the Joint Commission
President and CEO
American Hospital Association
August 1, 2007
Dr. Mark Chassin is an experienced and proven health care leader. His career-long commitment to improving health care quality through measurement, research and action makes it easy to understand why the board of the Joint Commission selected him to lead the organization once Dr. Dennis O'Leary retires.
Hospitals in New York have found Dr. Chassin to be a very effective advocate for quality and safety improvement during the years he served as Commissioner of the Department of Health and we look forward to working with him in his new role as head of The Joint Commission.
About the AHA
The AHA is a not-for-profit association of health care provider organizations and individuals that are committed to the health improvement of their communities. The AHA is the national advocate for its members, which include nearly 5,000 hospitals, health care systems, networks, other providers of care and 43,000 individual members. Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends. For more information, visit the AHA website at www.aha.org.
- AHA, FAH urge new administration, Congress to protect coverage
- Court orders HHS to eliminate ALJ appeals backlog
- Hospital leaders urge Congress to pass 'Cures' bill, protect coverage
- CMS posts final hospital MOON for implementation by March 6
- Senate Finance Committee issues report on 'concurrent and overlapping surgeries'