Statement on Passage of the State Children's Health Insurance Program Bill
President and CEO
American Hospital Association
October 25, 2007
Today, the House of Representatives put the health of millions of children and families first by passing legislation that would reauthorize and expand the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). We urge the President to make the bill a reality for millions of children.
Passing legislation to improve and extend SCHIP will ensure that this care remains available to keep America's children healthy. We applaud lawmakers who voted in favor of the SCHIP bill and we will continue to work to ensure that the health and well-being of children and families is one of our nation's top priorities.
About the AHA
The AHA is a not-for-profit association of health care provider organizations and individuals that are committed to the health improvement of their communities. The AHA is the national advocate for its members, which include nearly 5,000 hospitals, health care systems, networks, other providers of care and 43,000 individual members. Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends. For more information, visit the AHA website at www.aha.org.
- AHA comments on draft 2017 Interoperability Standards Advisory
- FDA seeks hospital input to modernize data collection about medical devices
- CDC to award $70 million in Zika funding to states, cities and territories
- IFD, ACHE enter into strategic alliance to promote summer internship program
- ASHE energy and water survey extended to Nov. 18