Statement on Passage of the State Children's Health Insurance Program Bill
Executive Vice President
American Hospital Association
November 2, 2007
We applaud the Senate for passing legislation to reauthorize and expand the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). Every day, SCHIP helps uninsured children across the nation receive the care they need for a healthier beginning. America's hospitals support improving and extending this important program.
A first step in protecting the health of America's children is ensuring access to care. We call on President Bush to sign the SCHIP legislation to help uninsured children get the care they need.
About the AHA
The AHA is a not-for-profit association of health care provider organizations and individuals that are committed to the health improvement of their communities. The AHA is the national advocate for its members, which include nearly 5,000 hospitals, health care systems, networks, other providers of care and 43,000 individual members. Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends. For more information, visit the AHA website at www.aha.org.
- FDA alerts providers to defibrillator recall
- CMS issues information on implementing emergency preparedness rule
- Reminder: IRF and LTCH quality data preview reports available through March 30
- SAMHSA announces grants to integrate primary, behavioral health care
- NIH reports progress in effort to streamline IRB review for multisite studies