AHA Statement on Confirmation of Governor Kathleen Sebelius to HHS Secretary
President and CEO, American Hospital Association
April 28, 2009
The American Hospital Association congratulates Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius on her confirmation as Secretary of the Department of Health & Human Services.
America needs proven leadership as our nation works to extend coverage and care to more people. Sebelius' bipartisan approach and wealth of experience working with many of health care's complex programs answers that call. Her focus on wellness and prevention will go a long way to improving the health of America. We offer our ideas and energy to Secretary Sebelius as we work to build a better system for all Americans
About the AHA
The AHA is a not-for-profit association of health care provider organizations and individuals that are committed to the health improvement of their communities. The AHA is the national advocate for its members, which include nearly 5,000 hospitals, health care systems, networks, other providers of care and 43,000 individual members. Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends. For more information, visit the AHA website at www.aha.org.
- Federal appeals court affirms decision blocking Anthem acquisition of Cigna
- Legislation would extend add-on payments for ambulance providers
- Congress passes one-week stop-gap measure to fund the government
- AHA issues guide to implementing strategy to ensure access in vulnerable communities
- AHA does not support latest version of ACA repeal legislation