New Most Wired Survey Tied to Meaningful Use Definition
Alden Solovy - 312-893-6818
The 2010 Most Wired Survey, redesigned to produce better data, is available online today. The survey measures information technology adoption, implementation and use, and includes new and revised questions based on the meaningful use definition recommended by HIT Policy Committee.
Open to all hospitals and health systems, the new survey recognizes organizations for their achievements in four focus areas: Infrastructure; Business and Administrative Management; Clinical Quality and Safety; and Care Continuum. Hospitals will be stratified into five levels, and recognition will no longer be limited to 100 organizations. Participating hospitals may be named to the 2010 Hospitals & Health Networks list of Most Wired organizations released in July 2010.
Other changes include increased CIO involvement in survey development and use of a transparent scoring methodology.
Since 1998, Hospitals & Health Networks, the journal of the American Hospital Association, has named the nation's Most Wired hospitals and health systems. Hospitals can also be named Most Improved, Most Wireless and Most Wired-Small and Rural.
The 12th annual survey is available at www.hhnmostwiredsurvey.com, along with further information. The deadline for submissions is March 15, 2010. Every organization that submits a survey receives a benchmarking analysis of their data.
The AHA is a not-for-profit association of health care provider organizations and individuals that are committed to the improvement of health in their communities. The AHA is the national advocate for its members, which includes more than 5,000 member hospitals, health systems and other health care organizations, and 38,000 individual members. Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends.
- AHA News Now: AHA report looks at trends in hospital-based population health management
- AHA News Now: AHRQ to host TeamSTEPPS webinar
- AHA News Now: Congress urged to stop OFCCP from asserting jurisdiction over certain hospitals
- AHA News Now: Health Affairs examines future of emergency care
- AHA News Now: Transparency, streamlined claims process key to lower costs, AHA says
- December TeamSTEPPS Webinar: Team Training in Healthcare and TeamSTEPPS at Johns Hopkins
December 11, 2013, 1:00pm ET
- AHA Town Hall Interactive Webcasts
Recurring Schedule (Members Only)
- RACTrac Webinar
December 12 2PM-3:30 EST
- 2014 Rural Health Care Leadership Conference
February 9-12 in Phoenix, Arizona
- Future AHA Annual Meeting Dates