AHA Statement on the HHS' Office of the Inspector General's Report on Adverse Events in Hospitals
President and CEO
American Hospital Association
While hospitals have made great strides in improving care, this report highlights that there is more we can do. Hospitals are already engaged in important projects designed to improve patient care in many of the areas mentioned in the report. We are committed to taking additional needed steps to improve patient care. That is why we support the report's recommendations for further research to improve our understanding of what caused the error and how to prevent it from happening again.
About the AHA
The AHA is a not-for-profit association of health care provider organizations and individuals that are committed to the health improvement of their communities. The AHA is the national advocate for its members, which include nearly 5,000 hospitals, health care systems, networks, other providers of care and 43,000 individual members. Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends. For more information, visit the AHA website at www.aha.org.
- SAMHSA announces grants to integrate primary, behavioral health care
- NIH reports progress in effort to streamline IRB review for multisite studies
- Reminder: Organizations invited to apply for 2017 Foster G. McGaw Prize
- House leadership delays vote on ACA repeal bill
- CMS: CY 2016 EHR Hospital Reports now available