Statement on 'Doc Fix'
President and CEO
November 29, 2010
We support the passage of a 30 day extension of the 'doc fix' by Congress. Making sure that physicians receive adequate reimbursement for care provided is important for patients and hospitals.
This extension is a good first step, but physicians face an even greater (30 percent) cut without further Congressional action to prevent a cut after December 31. The bottom-line is that without this fix patients and communities would be impacted.
We will continue to work with Congress and physicians to find a longer-term solution, while remaining vigilant against cuts that could be harmful to other parts of the health care system.
About the AHA
The AHA is a not-for-profit association of health care provider organizations and individuals that are committed to the health improvement of their communities. The AHA is the national advocate for its members, which include nearly 5,000 hospitals, health care systems, networks, other providers of care and 43,000 individual members. Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends. For more information, visit the AHA website at www.aha.org.
- Federal appeals court affirms decision blocking Anthem acquisition of Cigna
- Legislation would extend add-on payments for ambulance providers
- Congress passes one-week stop-gap measure to fund the government
- AHA issues guide to implementing strategy to ensure access in vulnerable communities
- AHA does not support latest version of ACA repeal legislation