Statement on Marilyn Tavenner's Resignation
PRESIDENT AND CEO
AMERICAN HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION
January 16, 2015
As both CMS administrator and deputy before that, Marilyn leaves a legacy of having played a major role in making sure that millions of Americans have access to health coverage. Moreover, she has provided leadership in making care better by working with the provider community in launching key performance improvement efforts.
As a nurse, health care executive and government official she brought a practical perspective to running a very complex government agency. Her ability to work in a bipartisan manner with legislators and listen carefully to the concerns of hospitals and other stakeholders was key to her effectiveness as a leader. Combine them all together with her honesty, integrity and determination and you have a role model for public service.
About the AHA
The AHA is a not-for-profit association of health care provider organizations and individuals that are committed to the health improvement of their communities. The AHA is the national advocate for its members, which include nearly 5,000 hospitals, health care systems, networks, other providers of care and 43,000 individual members. Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends. For more information, visit the AHA website at www.aha.org.
- MedPAC discusses draft 2018 payment recommendations for post-acute care
- CDC: South Beach, FL, no longer local Zika transmission area
- CDC: Flu vaccination prevented about 71,000 hospitalizations last flu season
- Web resource compiles promising practices for patients with complex needs
- Applications for AHA Health Care Transformation Fellowship due Dec. 15