Statement on the Nomination of Andy Slavitt as Administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
July 9, 2015
The American Hospital Association (AHA) applauds the nomination of Andy Slavitt to serve as administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). He has a deep understanding of the U.S. health care system and a commitment to improving patient care. We believe Andy’s proven leadership in the public and private sectors speaks to the ongoing contributions he will make at CMS.
About the AHA
The AHA is a not-for-profit association of health care provider organizations and individuals that are committed to the health improvement of their communities. The AHA is the national advocate for its members, which include nearly 5,000 hospitals, health care systems, networks, other providers of care and 43,000 individual members. Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends. For more information, visit the AHA website at www.aha.org.
- CMS extends deadline for reporting 2016 eCQM data
- CMS finalizes further limits on Medicaid managed care pass-through payments
- FDA issues safety alert on defibrillator
- CDC: Kidney failure from diabetes down 54% among American Indians
- CMS announces new payment model for rural hospitals in Pennsylvania