Statement on 340B Drug Pricing Program Mega Guidance
Acting Senior Executive, Policy
American Hospital Association
August 27, 2015
America’s hospitals appreciate HRSA’s long-awaited guidance on the vital 340B Drug Pricing Program that provides access to life-saving drugs for those most in need. The AHA is reviewing the guidance, which covers major aspects of this important program, and will seek feedback from our 340B member hospitals. We want to make certain that the new requirements do not over-burden hospitals and strike a balance between hospitals and pharmaceutical companies for ensuring program integrity. More importantly, we want to ensure the stability of this program, which has a track record of improving access to care for poor patients and vulnerable communities. We look forward to providing comments to HRSA and working with the agency to strengthen this key program.
About the AHA
The AHA is a not-for-profit association of health care provider organizations and individuals that are committed to the health improvement of their communities. The AHA is the national advocate for its members, which include nearly 5,000 hospitals, health care systems, networks, other providers of care and 43,000 individual members. Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends. For more information, visit the AHA website at www.aha.org.
- CMS to detail hospital appeals settlement process in early November
- CMS to release online training for new long-term care requirements
- Federal task force announces recommendations, actions to improve behavioral health parity
- Study: Patient risk factors key driver of readmissions in minority-serving hospitals
- Medical society, heart association to co-brand accreditation services