Statement on the passing of Mike Bromberg, former Federation of American Hospitals leader
President and CEO
American Hospital Association
Mike Bromberg was both a highly respected association leader, and a professional lobbyist in the very best sense of the word, who left his fingerprints on many initiatives that improved health care in America. He combined a deep knowledge of policy issues with unmatched political savvy. He had unquestionable integrity and was a mentor to so many, including me. If there were a Hall of Fame for health care lobbyists, he’d be selected unanimously on the first ballot.
About the AHA
The AHA is a not-for-profit association of health care provider organizations and individuals that are committed to the health improvement of their communities. The AHA is the national advocate for its members, which include nearly 5,000 hospitals, health care systems, networks, other providers of care and 43,000 individual members. Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends. For more information, visit the AHA website at www.aha.org.
- FDA alerts providers to defibrillator recall
- CMS issues information on implementing emergency preparedness rule
- Reminder: IRF and LTCH quality data preview reports available through March 30
- SAMHSA announces grants to integrate primary, behavioral health care
- NIH reports progress in effort to streamline IRB review for multisite studies