Statement on the passing of Mike Bromberg, former Federation of American Hospitals leader
President and CEO
American Hospital Association
Mike Bromberg was both a highly respected association leader, and a professional lobbyist in the very best sense of the word, who left his fingerprints on many initiatives that improved health care in America. He combined a deep knowledge of policy issues with unmatched political savvy. He had unquestionable integrity and was a mentor to so many, including me. If there were a Hall of Fame for health care lobbyists, he’d be selected unanimously on the first ballot.
About the AHA
The AHA is a not-for-profit association of health care provider organizations and individuals that are committed to the health improvement of their communities. The AHA is the national advocate for its members, which include nearly 5,000 hospitals, health care systems, networks, other providers of care and 43,000 individual members. Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends. For more information, visit the AHA website at www.aha.org.
- CMS announces new alternative payment model participants
- DHS issues National Cyber Incident Response Plan
- CMS awards $66.1 million to territories, Florida to fight Zika
- CMS issues updated snapshot of open enrollment activity
- CMS updates Medicaid/CHIP, Marketplace enrollment estimates