A Call to Action: Creating a Culture of Health
In 2010, as an extension of the American Hospital Association's (AHA) Health For Life: Better Health. Better Health Care roadmap for improving America's health care system, the AHA's Long-Range Policy Committee (LRPC) focused on the "Wellness" pillar by identifying emerging, successful practices in hospital employee health and wellness.
The Committee has developed a comprehensive report, entitled, A Call to Action: Creating a Culture of Health. This report is a bold call to action for hospitals to be leaders in creating a culture of health.
The report provides:
- Background on health and wellness programs and how they are incentivized by the Affordable Care Act.
- Findings from a groundbreaking AHA survey of 876 hospitals on their employee health and wellness activities.
- Examples of hospital best practices, ranging from a smaller critical access hospital to large integrated health systems.
- Seven "how-to" recommendations for the field. These recommendations provide goals as well as action steps and examples of how hospitals can meet these goals.
- Click here to download the report
- Click here to download the appendices
- Click here to download the PowerPoint presentation
- Click here to access the February 23, 2011 Culture of Health webinar archive
- Click here to download A Call to Action Against Junk Food article written by John W. Bluford