AHA Committee on Research
The Committee on Research (COR) of the American Hospital Association has annual and triennial tasks that focus on developing the AHA Research Agenda. The committee monitors the process toward answering the AHA Research Agenda questions and studying a topic in depth for reporting to the AHA Board and the field. The committee is chaired by the AHA Chair-Elect. The committee convened for the first time in 2009.
- Quality/Cost/Disparities: Management research to provide operational advice on improving quality, reducing costs, and eliminating disparities.
- Care Coordination: Management and policy research to identify best practices in care coordination and evaluation of effective care coordination practices.
- Payment Reform: Policy research to develop, test, and evaluate new models of payment reform.
- Translational Research: Identifying and executing strategies and methods to disseminate and implement research findings, knowledge, tools, and best practices.
- Quantitative Research: Analysis of secondary data associated with health care performance across multiple dimensions.
- Leadership Toolkit for Redefining the H: Engaging Trustee and Communities, January 2015 New!
- Your Hospital's Path to the Second Curve: Integration and Transformation Guide, 2014
- Engaging Health Care Users: A Framework for Healthy Individuals and Communities Guide, 2013
- Caring for Vulnerable Population, 2011
- A Call to Action: Creating a Culture of Health, 2010
AHA Research Agendas
Strategic Issues Forecasting Reports
- Patient-Centered Medical Home, 2010
- Accountable Care Organizations, 2010
- Bundled Payment, May 2010
- Assessing Patient and Family Engagement Strategies in U.S. Hospitals, 2013
- Engaging Health Care Users for Better Health and Quality Care, 2013
- Helping Members Adapt, Explore Best Practices and Promote Better Care in H&HN, 2013
- The CommonWealth Fund Issue Brief: Hospitals on the Path to Accountable Care, 2012
- Hospitals in Pursuit of Excellence
- Center for Health Care Governance
- American Hospital Association
- Health Research & Educational Trust