AHA Committee on Research
The Committee on Research (COR) of the American Hospital Association has annual and triennial tasks that focus on developing the AHA Research Agenda. The committee monitors the process toward answering the AHA Research Agenda questions and studying a topic in depth for reporting to the AHA Board and the field. The committee is chaired by the AHA Chair-Elect. The committee convened for the first time in 2009.
- Quality/Cost/Disparities: Management research to provide operational advice on improving quality, reducing costs, and eliminating disparities.
- Care Coordination: Management and policy research to identify best practices in care coordination and evaluation of effective care coordination practices.
- Payment Reform: Policy research to develop, test, and evaluate new models of payment reform.
- Translational Research: Identifying and executing strategies and methods to disseminate and implement research findings, knowledge, tools, and best practices.
- Quantitative Research: Analysis of secondary data associated with health care performance across multiple dimensions.
2013 AHA Committee on Research
- Your Hospital's Path to the Second Curve: Integration and Transformation Guide, Janaury 2014New!
- Engaging Health Care Users: A Framework for Healthy Individuals and Communities Guide, January 2013
- Caring for Vulnerable Population, January 2011
- A Call to Action: Creating a Culture of Health, January 2010
- Patient-Centered Medical Home, September 2010
- Accountable Care Organizations, June 2010
- Bundled Payment, May 2010
AHA Research Agendas
Strategic Issues Forecasting Reports
- Assessing Patient and Family Engagement Strategies in U.S. Hospitals New!
- Engaging Health Care Users for Better Health and Quality Care New!
- Helping Members Adapt, Explore Best Practices and Promote Better Care in H&HN January 2013
- The CommonWealth Fund Issue Brief: Hospitals on the Path to Accountable Care, August 2012
- HRET to Study Critical Health Delivery Issues in H&HN
- Back to Basic Bundle Payment and the Board's Role in Trustee Magazine
- Board's Role in Trustee Magazine
- Hospitals in Pursuit of Excellence
- Center for Health Care Governance
- American Hospital Association