Search Other Resources
The National Library of Medicine Gateway on the web at http://gateway.nlm.nih.gov provides one-stop searching of a variety of resources. These include:
- MEDLINE/PubMed for over 11 million journal article citations
- MEDLINEplus Health Topics for consumer health information
- MEDLINEplus Drug Information for generic and brand name drug information
- LOCATORplus for library catalog records for books, serials, audiovisual materials
- HSRProj for health services research projects in progress
- Health Services Research Mtgs for meeting abstracts
- DIRLINE for a location directory of organizations, research resources, and databases in the health and biomedicine field
Additional databases available elsewhere on the National Library of Medicine web site are to be added to the Gateway one-stop searching soon:
- ClinicalTrials.gov for identifying clinical research trials
- HSTAT (Health Services/Technology Assessment Text) for full-text guidelines, technology assessments, and evidence-based medicine reports
The HealthSTAR database, produced from 1978 to 2000 by the National Library of Medicine (NLM) in collaboration with the American Hospital Association, has been merged with NLM's MEDLINE/PubMed database and has been discontinued as a separate database. Indexing coverage of the health services administration journal literature that was the focus of HealthSTAR is continued by NLM in MEDLINE/PubMed.
When you need further help locating information, the AHA Resource Center offers customized research services for your special needs. Contact the Resource Center's Research Services by telephone at (312) 422-2050, by fax at (312) 422-4700 or through electronic mail at email@example.com.