This site focuses on resources related to behavioral health, mental illness and substance abuse problems. This page's focus is depression and suicide resources.
Depression Screening and Suicide Prevention
For the latest news on behavioral health policy issues, click here.
- SAMHSA's Mobile App: Suicide Safe
- SAMHSA and the American School Health Association Webinar: "Bullying Prevention and Suicide Prevention for Schools: A Digital Approach From SAMHSA
SAMHSA: One in nine adolescents reports major depressive episode, AHA News Now (July 11, 2016)
Task Force recommends screening adolescents for depression, AHA News Now (February 10, 2016)
Screening for Depression in Adults: US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation, JAMA (January 2016)
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC) Caring for Adult Patients with Suicide Risk: A Consensus Guide for Emergency Departments
- The National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention has issued a set of national guidelines that “call for an integrated and compassionate community response to deaths by suicide in every kind of community in the country.” Responding to Grief, Trauma, and Distress After a Suicide: U.S. National Guidelines was developed by the Action Alliance’s Survivors of Suicide Loss (SOSL) Task Force
- Resources from the Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC)
- Suicide Prevention Resources- SAMHSA
- CDC Resources on Suicide Prevention
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Hospital Role in Suicide Prevention