Resources and information will be added and updated often as new developments occur.
When the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) emerged in late 2019, hundreds of individuals and organizations around the world quickly mobilized to develop a vaccine for COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus. As the virus surged in 2020, therapeutics were developed to treat those with COVID-19 in outpatient and inpatient settings.
This webpage is intended to help keep the field informed of important updates related to the progress and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, along with in-development therapeutics for patients with COVID-19.
- AHA Members-Only Resources
- COVID-19 Vaccine Communications and Distribution
- Monoclonal Antibody Therapeutics
- COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation Frameworks
- Understanding More about Vaccines
COVID-19 Vaccine Communications and Distribution
To help advance the public’s confidence and trust in the safety of COVID-19 vaccines and their distribution, the AHA continues to develop and collate resources that hospitals and health systems can use as COVID-19 vaccines become available in their communities. This includes resources from the CDC to inform your health care teams and other staff like fact sheets and FAQs, posters, PowerPoint presentations, social media, and videos. Other COVID-19 vaccine resources for health care providers from the Ad Council which includes downloadable materials including FAQs, talking points, communication materials, social media copy and more.
#MyWhy: Join the #MyWhy campaign, a social media effort to amplify health care worker voices on the importance of getting vaccinated against COVID-19.
For additional details to inform your communication with staff, read the following:
- Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices Considerations for COVID-19 Vaccination of Healthcare Personnel and Long-Term Care Facility Residents
- 10.30.20 CDC Vaccine with Confidence for COVID-19 Vaccines Slide Deck
- 10.20.20 COVID-19 Vaccination Program Interim Playbook
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Program Provider Agreement
- COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Process Infographic
Monoclonal Antibody Therapeutics
- 11.16.20 Update: Allocation and Distribution of OWS Therapeutics with John Redd, MD, CMO, ASPR
- 11.10.20 Special Bulletin: FDA Issues Emergency Use Authorization for Eli Lilly’s Bamlanivimab Monoclonal Antibody Treatment
- 11.5.2020 UPDATE: Operation Warp Speed Playbook for Allocation and Distribution of COVID-19 Therapeutic Medications
- 11.2.20 OWS Therapeutics Pre-EUA Playbook – Monoclonal Antibodies
COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation Frameworks
- 2020 Final NASEM Framework for Equitable Allocation of COVID-19 Vaccine (2020)
- 10.2.2020 Joint AHA, AAMC Statement on NASEM Report on Equitable Allocation of a COVID-19 Vaccine
- 8.2020 John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health: Interim Framework for COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation and Distribution in the United States