March 12 at 2PM ET
Join the AHA's Section for Psychiatric & Substance Abuse Services and AHA’s Physician Alliance on March 12 at 2 p.m. ET for a webinar on the Prescribe Safe Initiative.
Prescribe Safe is a community-based project out of Monterey County, Calif., that brings together law enforcement, four hospitals in the county and physicians in response to concerns about prescription medication misuse in the area. This initiative guides, educates, and provides resources for local physicians and patients in the safe use of prescription medications and promote safe and effective pain management.
Kevin Causey, vice president and chief development officer at Montage Health; Reb Close, M.D., emergency physician and founding member of the Prescribe Safe Initiative; and Casey Grover, M.D., director of the emergency department at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, will share takeaways and successes of the initiative.
- See real life changing results from this collaborative.
- Identify the essential steps and perceived barriers to collaborating to reduce the impact of the opioid epidemic.
- Review funding and the future of this work.
- Understand how Complementary and Alternative Medicine can reduce the use of opioids while managing pain.
- Have the opportunity to have questions answered.
Learn how to build these partnerships and reduce the impact of the opioid epidemic.