#123forEquity Training Symposium
DateWed, Jul 25, 2018, 04:00 PM – Wed, Jul 25, 2018, 08:00 PM
San Diego, CA, AHA Leadership Summit
Wednesday, July 25, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. PT
The #123forEquity Training Symposiums were developed to help #123forEquity pledgers and endorsers successfully realize progress in four key areas that will provide the greatest opportunities for hospitals and health systems to improve the equity of health care delivered by:
- Increasing the collection and use of race, ethnicity, language preference data and other social-economic data;
- Increasing cultural competency training;
- Increasing diversity in leadership and governance; and
- Improve and strengthen community partnerships.
Hosted by state hospital associations, the Institute for Diversity and Health Equity (Institute) and the Disparities Solutions Center(DSC) are jointly conducting regional training sessions over the next two years to provide strategies that help hospitals and health systems to effectively achieve the goals of the #123forEquity pledge. The day-long curriculum will focus on execution strategies for each component of the pledge. Health care leaders will be able to implement these solid strategies at their hospitals and health systems to improve health care quality, increase diversity and inclusion, and achieve health equity for all.
Who should attend?
Hospital leaders charged with the management of their organization’s #123forEquity pledge activities. The #123forEquity training series is being held in conjunction with the Disparities Solutions Center and the state hospital association.
Training Session Objectives:
- Provide training tools to meet the #123forEquity Pledge
- Assist teams to develop a blueprint for action
- Explore lessons learned and successful models
- Understanding and making a case for equity
- Developing key strategies for collecting, stratifying and using data and for providing cultural competence training of caregivers and staff
- Developing take away tools for an Equity Performance Dashboard/Report, creating a Diversity & Inclusion Action Plan and Blueprint for Action.
Interim President and CEO, Institute for Diversity and Health Equity
Peggy Davis Harris, BSN, MHA, FACHE, CDM, SPHR
Director of Diversity and Inclusion, Carolinas HealthCare System
Joseph Betancourt, M.D.
Founder and Director, Disparities Solutions Center
Aswita Tan-McGroryDeputy Director, Disparities Solutions Center