DateMon, Sep 24, 2018, 07:00 AM – Tue, Sep 25, 2018, 05:00 PM
To equip nurse executives for these challenges, AONE, in partnership with the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) offers a Certificate in Health Care Finance for Nurse Executives.
In today's evolving health care environment, when hospitals are struggling to maintain their margins in the face of rising costs, decreased payment and increased expectations for quality care outcomes, every health care clinical leader has increased accountability for bottom line results. AONE and HFMA faculty provide an overview of executive level health care finance through lectures, small group discussions, case studies, as well as the pre readings and webinar. The program provides Senior Nurse Executives with the concepts, tools and techniques to understand how the integration of clinical, operational and financial data impacts day-to-day operations and bottom line.
- Discuss the impact of Health Reform and the critical need for closer clinical and financial integration
- Describe revenue cycle processes including private and government payers, billing compliance, audits, charity care and bad debt
- Summarize budgeting processes and financial reporting that is unique to the health care industry
- Identify how clinical and financial decisions impact day-to-day operations, as well as the overall health of the organization
- Recognize how health care CFO's and other executives are addressing the current challenges
- Practice expert communication skills to engage in dialogue with stakeholders
Who should attend
The certificate is for nurse executives who have a strong foundation in nursing finance and are interested in knowing how to participate in discussions with CFO's, assess and justify requests, quantify clinical activity and spot profit drains.