DateTue, Sep 18, 2018, 03:00 PM – Tue, Sep 18, 2018, 04:00 PM
Sept. 18, at 3:00 p.m. ET
Please join Susan Kimper, director, Behavioral Health Naples Community Hospital (NCH) Healthcare System on Tuesday, September 18, at 3 pm ET for a special 45-minute AHA members-only webinar presentation and discussion on patient-centered safety plans for suicidal patients.
Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the United States. This program will explore the process used at a community hospital to identify patients at risk for suicide by using a step by step evidence based collaborative method with the patient. The practice begins with screening, assessment and treatment plan. Finally, the staff helps the patient develop a written safety plan for themselves and their environment that includes specific coping skills and how and when to reach out for help.
Webinar participants will learn how to:
• Utilize suicide risk screening and assessment tools and techniques to identify patients at risk for suicide.
• Gather data on risk factors, warning signs, and protective factors to help inform the patient’s safety plan.
• Identify 6 evidence based questions that can assist staff in helping patients to share their suicidal thoughts.
• Describe the time frame and process to assess risk for suicide.
• Develop a safety plan with a patient.