- Date and Time: December 14-15, 2017 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM each day
- Location: American Hospital Association office at 155 N Wacker Drive in Chicago, IL.
Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety (TeamSTEPPS) is an evidence-based set of teamwork tools designed to optimize team function, and ultimately patient outcomes. The Master Training Course is a 2-day in person course with an orientation to train-the-trainer utilizing games, scenarios and activities. This approach allows participants to experience and learn the TeamSTEPPS fundamental content, and provides established resources and the skills to create training strategies, events and learning experiences. This course is taught by, and produces, Master Trainers.
- Experience and learn TeamSTEPPS concepts through innovative activities, reflections, debriefs and application.
- Design and teach TeamSTEPPS domains in an integrated way.
- Gain experience as TeamSTEPPS trainers as well as providing instructive feedback to other facilitators.
Who Should Attend
There are no requirements to attend this course although it is recommended for participants to come with 2-3 team members if feasible.
- Bill Gordon, DMin, Faculty, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Lori Thuente, PhD, RN, Interprofessional Education Specialist, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Scott Rothenberg, BS, Community Engagement Specialist, DeWitt C. Baldwin Institute for Interprofessional Education
Registration and Cost
The registration fee is $600 per person. This also includes course materials, continental breakfast and lunch each day. Participants will earn 13 contact hours of continuing education that covers medicine, nursing, pharmacy and allied health fields along with a Master Trainer certificate. All participants must stay the entire course length in order to receive continuing education credits.
Register now to reserve your spot. A room block has been setup at Hotel Allegro, only two blocks from the course location. Information on how to receive the discounted room rate is included in a welcome letter participants will receive after registering. The discounted hotel rate will be offered until December 6.