The AHA's Rural Health Care Leadership Conference wrapped up today with a keynote session on the future of health care. Journalist and author Michael Rogers explored how hospitals and health systems can work to keep the human element in health care as technology advances and smart computers with "big data" revolutionize the health care system. Rogers said health care leaders should examine the privacy implications of personal genomic data and how to fund the latest technologies while ensuring basic health care is affordable.
Strategy Sessions. AHA hosted a number of strategy sessions on how health care leaders can:
manage their organization's cybersecurity risk;
- embrace the "Lean mentality" and the journey to reduce costs and improve affordability;
- optimize partnerships to improve behavioral health care in a rural setting;
- manage smooth board succession during uncertain times;
- create an integrated crisis team and new directions for behavioral health; and
- improve governance performance.