The 340B program has worked successfully for over 30 years to allow eligible providers to stretch limited federal resources to provide more comprehensive programs and services to more patients. This is exactly what Congress intended when it created the program in 1992.
Congress should protect the 340B program for all providers and ensure the program continues to help providers stretch limited resources and provide more comprehensive services to more patients. In addition, Congress should advocate that the Department of Health and Human Services remedy all affected hospitals for the unlawful Medicare payment cuts without clawing back funds from any hospital or health system. Congress also should expand drug manufacturer transparency and thwart drug manufacturers’ efforts to unilaterally and unlawfully change the 340B program.
- NEW: AHA Letter to CMS on Remedy for the 340B-Acquired Drug Payment Policy for Calendar Years 2018–2022
- NEW: AHA Member Model Letter to CMS on Remedy for the 340B-Acquired Drug Payment Policy for Calendar Years 2018–2022
- Fact Sheet: The 340B Drug Pricing Program
- Fact Sheet: 340B Drug Pricing Program — Contract Pharmacy Arrangements
- Member Advisory: AHA Files Amicus Brief Defending State-level Protections for 340B Contract Pharmacy Arrangements
- Survey Brief: Drug Companies Reduce Patients’ Access to Care by Limiting 340B Community Pharmacies
- Talking Points: Ensuring the Protection of the Vital 340B Program for Patients and Providers