- Background on Web Applications
- What Are Web Application Attacks?
- What Is the Impact to Health Sector?
- Mitigations for Common Attacks
- Free and Low-Cost Resources
- Conclusion and Major Takeaways
What Are Web Applications?
- A web application (or web app) is an application program that is stored on a remote server and delivered over the Internet through a browser interface.
- Web applications include online forms, shopping carts, word processors, spreadsheets, video and photo editing, file conversion, file scanning, and email programs such as Gmail.
- Unlike websites, web applications require user interaction and have a backend database with authentication and more.
View the detailed report below.