Part 1—Screen: Building an Integrated SDOH Screening Process Oct 12
DateWed, Oct 12, 2022, 10:30 AM – Wed, Oct 12, 2022, 11:30 AM
About 80% of an individual’s health is controlled by conditions that go beyond traditional medical care. Known as the Social Determinants of Health (SODH), these conditions include where you live, what is happening around you, your socioeconomic status and education level, and your access to stable housing, nutritious food, reliable transportation, and job training/opportunities. The first step in addressing SDOH needs is to identify what and how SDOH risks impact the community.
This session will cover how to set up the initial process of an SDOH screener that aligns with your community’s risk factors and addresses the social needs of interest. This will include a detailed explanation on question definitions and how to measure a patient’s risk within each SDOH category. This session will also include best practices for distributing SDOH screens within your community or hospital and what lessons have been learned through MetroHealth’s journey within the screening process.
- Understand how to identify the right question to include on a social determinants of health screener.
- Establish best practice processes for screening individuals within your hospital or community
- Learn about unintended consequences when screening individuals.
- Nabil Chehade, MD, EVP, Population Health and Corporate Services, MetroHealth
- Kevin Chagin, Manager, Advanced Analytics & Data Operations, Institute for H.O.P.E.TM, MetroHealth
- Mark Kalina Jr., Senior Analyst, Institute for H.O.P.E.TM, MetroHealth
- Andrea Orosz, Systems Analyst II, Information Services, MetroHealth
- Jordan Adkins, Clinical Informatics Analyst II, Clinical Informatics, MetroHealth
You Can Also Register for Parts 2 and 3
- Part 2—Connect: Building Bridges from Health Care to Social Care (Wednesday, October 26, 10:30-11:30 AM CT)
- Part 3—Assess: Building a Data Process for Reporting, Research and More (Wednesday, November 16, 10:30-11:30 AM CT)