Implications for the coming year and beyond
The 2024 AHA Environmental Scan explores current data and trends to help the health care field think strategically about the future, while also providing an opportunity to reflect on the changes, challenges and opportunities we’ve experienced over the past few years. This annual publication can spark discussion and engagement with hospital and health system staff, leaders, boards and community stakeholders.
- Hospital and health system landscape: Financial and operational challenges and care in alternative settings.
- Workforce: Shortages, resiliency and technology to enhance the workforce experience.
- Better care and greater value: Patient safety culture and risks, value-based care and emerging care delivery transformation models.
- Consumerism: Retail clinic trends, digital tools and “infodemic” management strategies.
- Trend snapshots: Public trust, coverage, artificial intelligence and climate’s impact on health.
- Equity, behavioral health and rural health: Highlighted throughout the report.
The 2024 Environmental Scan is sponsored by AMN Healthcare Leadership Solutions
An AHA member-only PowerPoint presentation is designed to help share 2024 Environmental Scan insights with various stakeholders and your community.
The 2024 AHA Health Care Workforce Scan will help you better understand the latest forces and trends affecting health care human resources. This resource provides workforce insights to guide your organization forward during this time of continued transformation.
The AHA’s Society for Health Care Strategy & Market Development (SHSMD) offers a deep dive into key forces that are transforming the future of health care through Futurescan.