Part 2—Connect: Building Bridges from Health Care to Social Care Oct 26
DateWed, Oct 26, 2022, 10:30 AM – Wed, Oct 26, 2022, 11:30 AM
As health systems seek to address their patients’ health-related social needs as a component of overall care, it is critical to recognize the value of effective processes, programs, and partnerships. This session will highlight the multiple ways The MetroHealth System is responding to social determinants of health (SDOH) screening results as part of its comprehensive strategy to identify and address the health-related social needs of its patients.
The session will discuss the electronic referral platform’s use and role in connecting patients with community-based services, how Community Health Workers assist patients with identified health-related social needs, and the process of developing programs to meet specific needs. In addition, panelists will address how data analytics is essential to all these efforts. A representative from a community-based organization will also share their perspective on unique ways to work with health systems to meet mutual goals.
- Understand how SDOH screening results can be used to inform and tailor SDOH interventions for patients.
- Identify multiple ways that health systems can connect patients with services and supports to address their health-related social needs, including the use of an e-referral platform, Community Health Workers, and programs with community-based organizations.
- Recognize ways to assess the success of connections between health care and social care.
- Kevin Chagin, Manager, Advanced Analytics & Data Operations, Institute for H.O.P.E.TM, MetroHealth
- Karen Cook, Director, Healthy Families & Thriving Communities, Institute for H.O.P.E.TM, MetroHealth
- Sarah Woernley, Nurse Manager, Institute for H.O.P.E.TM, MetroHealth
- Alissa Glenn, Director of Community Health and Nutrition, Greater Cleveland Food Bank
You Can Also Register for Parts 1 and 3
- Part 1—Screen: Building an Integrated SDOH Screening Process (Wednesday, October 26, 10:30-11:30 AM CT)
- Part 3—Assess: Building a Data Process for Reporting, Research and More (Wednesday, November 16, 10:30-11:30 AM CT)