Understanding the Who, What, Why, Where and When of Applying ICD-10-CM Codes for Social Determinants of Health Coding
DateTue, Oct 18, 2022, 12:00 PM – Tue, Oct 18, 2022, 01:00 PM
Tuesday, October 18, 2022
12:00 – 1:00 PM Central Time
- Discuss ICD-10-CM categories for social determinants of health (SDOH) and social needs (SNs), the Official Coding Guidelines affecting these codes and how to apply them
- Understand the importance of SDOH codes for promoting health and equity
- Understand a state’s experience with hospitals addressing SDOH and SNs and how they have incorporated collecting social needs data into their workflow
- Learn what is new in SDOH coding and what to anticipate in the future
- Denene Harper, RHIA – Director, Coding and Classification Content, Executive Editor, Coding Clinic publications, American Hospital Association
- Nelly Leon-Chisen, RHIA – Former Executive Director of Coding and Classification, American Hospital Association
- Madeline Wilson, MSN, RN, CLSSBB – Quality & Patient Safety Advisor, Indiana Hospital Association
We can only accept credit card payments and no refunds will be processed.
Please make sure you are registering for the correct webinar.
Please verify your email address before purchasing.
For group registrations of 30 or more, information can be found here: https://sponsors.aha.org/HFC_GEN_Coding_Group_Registration_Landing_Page.html
For registration questions, please email email@example.com.
1 hour AAPC
This program meets AAPC guidelines for 1.0 CEU. Can be split between Core A and all specialties except CIRCC and CPMS for continuing education units.
1 hour AHIMA
This program has been approved for 1 continuing education unit(s) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
If you can't attend on the live date, an on-demand link will be provided post-webinar.