Anticipating possible congressional action to extend the moratorium on the 2% sequester cut to all Medicare payments, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services today said it has instructed Medicare administrative contractors to hold all claims with dates of service on or after April 1, 2021, for a short period.

The MACs will automatically reprocess any claims paid with the reduction applied if necessary, the agency said.
 
The Senate last week passed a bill that, among other health care provisions, would eliminate the 2% cut to all Medicare payments, known as sequestration, until the end of 2021. The House is expected to take up the Senate-passed bill the week of April 13 when it returns to Washington D.C.
 

Related News Articles

Headline
The AHA Jan. 31 commended Sens. Bill Cassidy, R-La., Catherine Cortez Masto, D-Nev., John Cornyn, R-Texas., and Michael Bennet, D-Colo., on draft legislation…
Headline
The White House Feb. 1 announced it placed tariffs on imported goods from Canada, Mexico and China. The tariffs for Mexico and Canada have since been delayed…
Headline
The White House Office of Management and Budget Jan. 29 rescinded a memo it issued two days earlier directing federal agencies to temporarily pause federal…
Headline
An analysis by KFF released Jan. 28 found that Medicare Advantage insurers made nearly 50 million prior authorization determinations in 2023. The finding…
Headline
The AHA Jan. 28 voiced support for bipartisan legislation to reauthorize for five years the Dr. Lorna Breen Health Care Provider Protection Act, which provides…
Headline
The White House Office of Management and Budget late Jan. 27 issued a memo directing federal agencies to temporarily pause federal grants, loans and other…