The following webinar invite is a redistribution from partners at HHS-ASPR
Please join the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) on September 10, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) for an UNCLASSIFIED webinar on "Threats facing the U.S. Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Sectors".
We are re-sending this invitation to include a letter from Dr. Robert P. Kadlec, MD, Assistant Secretary of Preparedness and Response, with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Dr. Kadlec wanted to share a brief message about the webinar and invite interagency and industry partners to attend. Please find the letter attached.
Below are the topics and agencies that are presenting:
- Insider Threat Awareness presented by the National Counterintelligence and Security Center - Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Cyberspace Threats and Cybersecurity Opportunities presented by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency - Department of Homeland Security
- Industrial Security and the Pharmaceutical Industry presented by the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency - Department of Defense
- Counterintelligence Threats to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Sectors presented by the Counterintelligence Division - Federal Bureau of Investigation
The pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries have been the key partners in the U.S. Government's COVID-19 response. The global nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and the national security implications of America developing safe and effective medical countermeasures(MCMs) has brought attention from America's adversaries to our COVID-19 response. The U.S. intelligence community has assessed that our adversaries are targeting entities associated with COVID-19 MCM development and various cyber actors have been identified as specifically targeting the vaccine development pipeline.
To develop relationships and build awareness on the myriad of threats against our pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors, I invite you to engage with the U.S. Intelligence and Security Communities on September 10, 2020 to discuss insider threats, cybersecurity, and counterintelligence support that is available to your companies and your people. We are all driving towards the end goal of developing safe and effective COVID-19 MCMs as rapidly as possible and America's adversaries understand the consequences if we fail.
Please complete the following action to confirm your attendance at this month's webinar.
Instructions for accessing the webinar through the AdobeConnect platform will be included in a confirmation message you will receive after you RSVP. You MUST register in order to receive the instructions. A confirmation email will NOT be sent. Please either print or screen shot the confirmation message in order to save the instructions.
The entire briefing is UNCLASSIFIED. All discussions will be kept at the UNCLASSIFIED level.
This presentation will be hosted from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). If you have any questions regarding this invitation, contact one of the POCs listed below. Please do not reply to this e-mail. The deadline to register is 9 September 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (EDT).
Please update your Outlook calendar reminders to reflect that the webinar starts at 1:00 p.m. EASTERN time.
DCSA September 10, 2020 webinar POCs:
- Mr. Todd Tucker, Chief, Counterintelligence Cyber Operations Cyber Division, DCSA mailto:email@example.com
- Dr. Andrew Kilianski, Chief Intelligence Officer, DoD Joint Program Executive Office for CBRN Defense mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issues regarding the webinar, please contact the following POCs: