Hospitals and health systems are working hard to ensure that every person in every community receives high-quality, equitable and safe care. To accelerate progress on these efforts, the #123forEquity Pleadge to Act Campaign was launched by the AHA in 2015. Hospital and health system leaders are asked to take action to accelerate progress in the following areas:
- Increasing the collection and use of race, ethnicity, language preference and other socio-demographic data
- Increasing cultural competency training
- Increasing diversity in leadership and governance
HPOE and the Institute for Diversity in Health Management, are collaborating to feature Navicent Health, one of this year's Equity of Care Award honorees. Navicent Health has taken action to accelerate progress in all areas of the pledge and the CEO will discuss the hospital's journey.
- Understand the purpose of the AHA's #123forEquity Pledge.
- Describe Navicent Health's journey to eliminate health care disparities and discuss how they have attained these accomplishments.
- Understand the process steps for building a culturally competent organization.
- Ninfa Saunders, Ph.D., president and CEO, Navicent Health
- Tomás León, president and CEO, Institute for Diversity in Health Management
To view the presentation slides only click here.
To view an archive of the presentation, click view item below.
Additional resources from the webinar: