ICD-10 and Administrative Simplification
AHA Provides Resources for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Systems
ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS are the HIPAA code set standards for hospital reporting of diagnosis and procedures. These coding systems serve an important function for hospital payments, quality reviews, benchmarking measurement and the collection of general medical statistical data.
The AHA's Central Office on ICD-10 provides coding assistance and education through its clearinghouse service and the AHA Coding Clinic for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS . The resources offered are a formal cooperative effort with the American Health Information Management Association, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National Center for Health Statistics and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
For assistance with ICD-10 coding questions visit https://www.codingclinicadvisor.com. For other information on the AHA Central Office, visit http://www.ahacentraloffice.org.
More resources on ICD-10 can be found here:
- National Uniform Billing Committee
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Administrative Simplification
- National Committee on Vital and Health Statistics
- ANSI ASC X12N HIPAA Implementation Guides
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) Registration
- HIPAA Certification of Transaction Standards