Deadline: August 16, 2019
The Circle of Life Awards: Celebrating Innovation in Palliative and End-of-Life Care are presented annually to recognize outstanding and innovative initiatives and programs. In particular, the Circle of Life Awards seek to honor programs that can be models for other health care organizations working to embed palliative and end-of-life care in a variety of settings. This includes but is not limited to programs:
- emphasizing coordinated or integrated care delivery
- engaging underserved populations
- promoting palliative care in diverse populations
- using strategies for engaging communities
- creating partnerships with other health care organizations and practitioners, and initiatives within long-term care facilities.
Up to three Circle of Life Awards will be presented annually; the awards committee also may present Citations of Honor to other noteworthy programs. In addition to the national presentation of awards and citations at the AHA Leadership Summit, July 19-21, 2020, in San Diego, honorees will be featured in an awards booklet and offered the opportunity to showcase their Circle of Life achievements in their communities through a local presentation of award/citation and may use the Circle of Life logo in organizational publications and websites. Honorees also will have the opportunity to film video interviews for social media and serve as faculty at educational sessions.