Coding Advice on ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS
AHA Central Office serves as the U.S. clearinghouse for issues related to the use of ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS and certain HCPCS codes. AHA Central Office works with the National Center for Health Statistics and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to maintain the integrity of the classification system, and recommends revisions and modifications to the current and future coding revisions.
This office also serves in a representation and advocacy role on national classification and data issues. In addition, the AHA Central Office is the publisher of the nationally respected AHA Coding Clinic® for ICD-9-CM, available in print or on CD-ROM.
AHA Central Office provides advice on questions on the interpretation and explanation of the proper use of ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS and certain HCPCS codes through AHA Coding Clinic Advisor - www.CodingClinicAdvisor.com
For more information on the AHA Central Office on ICD-9-CM, please visit www.ahacentraloffice.org.
Coding Resources for ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS
AHA Central Office provides coding advice and publishes the nationally respected AHA Coding Clinic® for ICD-9-CM, available in print or on CD-ROM.
AHA Coding Clinic® for ICD-9-CM includes:
- official coding advice and official coding guidelines
- correct code assignments for new technologies and newly identified diseases
- articles and topics which will offer practical information and improve data quality
- a conduit for the dissemination of coding changes and/or corrections to hospitals and other parties
- "Ask the Editor" section with practical examples drawn from our coding advice service
- Section including advice on ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS
Coding advice is approved by CMS for Medicare reimbursement and accepted by many other health care plans, Medicaid programs, and state data sets.
For more information on other AHA Central Office resources/products, please click here.