The AHA-McKesson Quest for Quality Prize recognizes leadership and innovation in quality improvement and safety. The 2016 honorees use innovative yet transferrable strategies to achieve remarkable gains in patient care, community health and value. While each hospital faced unique challenges, all three excelled in delivering patient-centered care to diverse populations.
Our 2016 honorees share their insights on:
- Culture of safety — how to create it and sustain it
- Biggest surprise on the quality journey
- Improving teamwork among employees, medical staff and leadership
- Engaging patients and families in quality care
- Prioritizing improvement projects
- Next steps in the quality journey
- Moderator: Thomas Burke, MD, executive vice president, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, chair, AHA Quest for Quality Committee
- Charles Callahan, PhD, MBA, executive vice president and COO, Memorial Medical Center, Springfield, Ill., 2016 AHA-McKesson Quest for Quality Prize winner.
- Melody Dickerson, RN, MSN, CPHQ, vice president and chief nursing officer, Memorial Hermann Greater Heights, Houston, 2016 Quest for Quality Prize Finalist
- Christi Pierce, vice president of quality and safety, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, Baton Rouge, La., 2016 Quest for Quality Citation of Merit Recipient
To view the presentation slides only click here.
To view an archive of the presentation, click view item below.