Hospitalization as a Teachable Moment: Plant-Based Options on Patient Trays
DateWed, Apr 26, 2023, 12:00 PM – Wed, Apr 26, 2023, 01:00 PM
BONUS SPONSORED WEBINAR!
April 26, 2023
Hospitalization can as serve a key educational opportunity. It was in this spirit that every hospital in America banned smoking a generation ago, helping patients and their families to quit. Like tobacco habits, food habits play major roles in the risk of cancer, heart disease, and other health conditions, and hospitals that model healthful food choices help their community stay healthy into the future. In 2017, the American Medical Association developed new hospital food guidelines, aiming to engage hospitals in the effort for better nutrition to fight cancer and cardiovascular disease. This webinar outlines the importance of these guidelines and practical steps for implementation.
- Understand the role of nutrition in disease prevention, management, and reversal
- Learn how menu changes can be made in the hospital setting
- Gain tools for effectively communicating the importance of nutrition to patients
- Neal Barnard, MD, FACC
President, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Anna Herby, DHSc, RD, CDE
Nutrition Education Program Manager, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Samantha Morgenstern, MS, RD
Senior Director of Nutrition Services-Acute Care, Sodexo