An Improved Standard of Care: The Effects of Social and Behavioral Factors on Maternal Mortality and Morbidity
DateTue, Sep 20, 2022, 12:00 PM – Tue, Sep 20, 2022, 01:00 PM
AHA Team Training
Members and Non-members
BONUS SPONSORED WEBINAR!
September 20, 2022
With a heavy focus on clinical protocols and reduction in practice variation, taking a holistic view of the mother’s healthcare experience, clinical and behavioral, is a critical and often overlooked component to the mother’s outcome. It is time to broaden the standard of care that addresses not only clinical and medical pregnancy issues but also behavioral health concerns like peripartum depression and suicide ideation. Awareness and assessment of social and behavioral factors throughout the ante, peri, and postpartum periods can be an effective method for providing life-saving care for all mothers.
- Uncover findings on maternal mental health, social determinants, and racial disparities
- Understand screening for and identification of mental health conditions
- Discover maternal mental health screening initiatives
- Actions to consider when adopting new practices or extending capabilities
- Lora Sparkman, MHA, BSN, RN
VP, Partner, Clinical Solutions, Patient Safety & Quality, Relias
- Rola Aamar, PhD
Principal, Behavioral Health Solutions, Relias