AHA’s The Value Initiative and Section for Psychiatric & Substance Abuse Services are hosting a virtual workshop series exploring how hospitals
This site focuses on resources related to behavioral health, mental illness and emergency readiness response.
- Helping Families Deal with the Stress of Relocation After a Disaster (Handout)
- ASPR TRACIE Exchange: Disaster Behavioral Health (March 2017)
In this issue of the ASPR TRACIE Exchange, emergency healthcare professionals share firsthand experiences, information, and resources related to disaster behavioral health (DBH) and resilience.
- SAMHSA's Stronger Together—Selected Community-Level Approaches to Disaster Behavioral Health (Oct. 2016)
- SAMHSA Behavioral Health Response to Ebola Webcast
- SAMHSA's The Dialogue: "Planning for a Disaster Mental Health Response to Ebola in New York State"
- SAMHSA's Disaster Behavioral Health Information Series: Ebola Outbreak in 2014
- SAMHSA Fact Sheet: Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health During an Infection Disease Outbreak
- SAMHSA Fact Sheet: Talking with Children: Tips for Caregivers, Parents, and Children During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- SAMHSA Fact Sheet: Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- SAMHSA Disaster Behavioral Health Interventions Inventory - May 2015
- SAMHSA Fact Sheet: Helping Staff Manage Stress When Returning to Work
- SAMHSA Fact Sheet: Identifying Substance Misuse in the Responder Community
- SAMHSA Fact Sheet: Understanding Compassion Fatigue
- SAMHSA Fact Sheet: Adjusting to Life at Home
- SAMHSA Fact Sheet: Preventing and Managing Stress
- SAMHSA Fact Sheet: Returning to Work
- SAMHSA Fact Sheet: Cultural Awareness When Working in Indian Country Post Disaster
- SAMHSA Fact Sheet: Understanding Historical Trauma When Responding to an Event in Indian Country
- SAMHSA Bulletin: The Dialogue: A Firefighter's Peer Counselor's Three Questions
- The Dialogue: Stories From Disaster Behavioral Health Responders
- Disaster Planning Handbook for Behavioral Health Treatment Programs
- SAMHSA Disaster App for download, iPhone, Android, or Blackberry
- Behavioral Health Resources for Times of Disaster: SAMHSA's Disaster Technical Assistance Center provides tools for preventing and responding to behavioral health issues resulting from disasters. The latest tool: the new smart phone app GO2AID.
- SAMHSA Bulletin: The Dialogue: Preparing for Incident Command and Self-Care (August 30, 2013)
- SAMHSA Bulletin: New and Updated Disaster Behavioral Health Information Series (August 28, 2013)
- Preparedness and Disaster Behavioral Health Planning
- SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline
- Mental Health Primer: Key Principles, Issues and Questions
- American Red Cross: Disaster Mental Health Handbook
- Hospital Emergency Preparedness and Response – AHA Statement
April 2019 Behavioral Health Update
Presbyterian Healthcare Services – Albuquerque, NM
AHA, health organizations encourage Congressional leaders to advance the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness & Advancing Innovation
March 12 at 2PM ET Join the AHA's Section for Psychiatric & Substance Abuse Services and AHA’s Physician Alliance on March 12 at 2 p.
Newsletter highlighting AHA resources, advocacy updates, and more regarding behavioral health.