This HPOE webinar highlights innovations for eliminating health care disparities and will feature the 2015 AHA Equity of Care Award winners, Henry Ford Health System and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital. This year's winners have innovatively incorporated the use of race, ethnicity and language preference data to better understand their care process and seek continual improvements; cultural competency to understand their community and ensure individualized care to all those in need and diversity measurement to confirm their leadership and board reflect the community they serve.
The AHA's Equity of Care Award is presented annually to hospitals or care systems that are noteworthy leaders and examples to the field in the area of equitable care. Winners demonstrate a high level of success in reducing health care disparities and promote diversity in leadership and staff within their organization.
The goals of this award are to:
- Recognize outstanding efforts among hospitals and care systems to advance equity of care;
- Increase awareness of the National Call to Action to Eliminate Health Care Disparities and its stated goals and milestones to eliminate health care disparities; and
- Spread lessons learned and progress toward health care equity and the promotion of diversity.
- Kimberlydawn Wisdom, Senior Vice President, Community Health & Health Equity and Chief Wellness & Diversity Office, Henry Ford Health System
- Ryan Parker, AVP and Chief Diversity Officer, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Stephen K. Jones, FACHE, President and CEO, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Aswita Tan-McGrory, Deputy Director, Disparities Solutions Center, Massachusetts General Hospital (Moderator and 2014 Equity of Care Award Winner)
To view the presentation slides only click here.
To view an archive of the presentaton, click view item below.