Turning the calendar to a new year brings some excitement as we look forward to new opportunities and adventures in our professional and personal lives.
During such a challenging time in health care, keeping connected with colleagues across the country is critical. We can learn from each other and work together to amplify stories of how hospitals and health systems are fighting to protect care in our communities.
The AHA team is planning a strong lineup of conferences and events for 2023 to keep health care leaders connected and highlight stories of impact, innovation and inspiration. Check out these opportunities in the year ahead:
- The 36th Annual AHA Rural Health Care Leadership Conference convenes Feb. 19–22 in San Antonio. This two-and-a-half-day event will feature prominent leaders inside and outside health care who will offer unique perspectives and solution-oriented thinking to ensure a stronger rural health system. Registration is now open, and early bird registration ends Dec. 9.
- AHA Annual Membership Meeting, April 23–25 in Washington, D.C., will give health care leaders an opportunity to meet face-to-face with elected officials and key policymakers. Together we can deliver a united, powerful message on the positive impacts of hospitals and health systems in our communities. Registration opens in January.
- The Accelerating Health Equity Conference, led by the AHA Community Health Improvement network and AHA’s Institute for Diversity and Health Equity, will be May 16–18 in Minneapolis. This conference convenes health professionals focused on improving community health, well-being and equity. Registration opens February 2023.
- AHA Leadership Summit, July 16–18 in Seattle, brings together a diverse group of strategic and visionary health care leaders who represent excellence in the field and are working to boldly transform their organizations. Registration opens spring 2023.
- Rounding out these events are a variety of conferences led by the American Organization for Nursing Leadership (AONL) and AHA’s professional membership groups, designed to advance operational excellence within your organization.
I encourage you to mark your 2023 calendar for these excellent opportunities as we work together to advance health in America.