As urged by the AHA, Congress and the Administration have taken a number of steps to make available financial resources for health care providers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Many of these policies were authorized through the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act.
This document, developed by Jones Day, provides a summary of these provisions, information on eligibility and the amount of funding available through each opportunity.
The provisions highlighted include, but are not limited to:
- The Public Health and Social Services Emergency Fund
- Grants through the Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Accelerated and advanced Medicare payments
- Suspension of the Medicare sequestration
- Expanded coverage of telehealth and COVID-19 testing
- The Paycheck Protection Program
- The Main Street New and Expanded Loan Facilities
- Various employer tax provisions
If you have questions, please contact AHA at 800-424-4301.