An AHA research synthesis report presents an overview of bundled payment, including evidence of its impact in the public and private sector. Before bundled payments are implemented, these key considerations must be addressed:
- To which conditions should bundled payments be applied?
- What providers and services should be included in the bundled payment?
- How can provider accountability be determined?
- What should be the timeframe of a bundled payment?
- What capabilities are needed for an organization to administer a bundled payment?
- How should payments be set?
- How should the bundled payment be risk-adjusted?
- What data are needed to support bundled payment?
There is also a slide deck associated with this report.